High-Tech Leaders and Professionals…
- Have you noticed any disturbing disconnects between you and your manager or co-workers lately?
- Do non-technical co-workers seem like aliens from another star system?
- Are you struggling to communicate effectively with your manager or other decision makers and key stakeholders?
- Are you perceiving a lack of visibility and respect for you, you ideas, your projects, or toward those you lead?
- Do you crave greater influence with decision makers and others stakeholders?
- Are your peers downplaying or ignoring your input? Do your suggestions seem to carry less weight than those put forth by others.
- Is collaboration with direct reports unsatisfying? (Or worse - nonexistent?)
If these questions sound familiar, Leading Up will help you have greater impact and get more of what you want and need!
Leading Up is about…
- Being strategic – keeping your eye on the “big picture,” staying current, and being fully engaged.
- Enhancing your leadership skill set and continuing to grow.
- Collaborating and integrating your goals and approach with those of other leaders and your organization.
- Building rapport and leveraging relationships to be more effective within your organization.
- Being influential with decision makers, peers, your followers, and other stakeholders who benefit from your work.
- Giving and gaining respect - acknowledging those who warrant your respect and gaining respect for yourself, your ideas and initiatives, and for your group(s)/team(s).
- Improving communication - speaking the same language and focusing on factors that matter to the person or people you want to influence.
- Expanding your viewpoint - communicating with people in terms of their needs and goals rather than focusing solely on what you want to tell them.
- Being "omnidirectional" – anyone serious about leading up, as a concept, will recognize that a unidirectional approach is insufficient; you must also manage your interactions with peers (leading sideways), and with direct reports (leading down) — even with clients and vendors.
Cross our hearts...
Well, we won't "hope to die" over it, but we do want you to be satisfied. If after participating in this program, you are not 100% satisfied that you have made a worthwhile investment in your future, or feel we have not delivered on our promises, you have 30 days to request a full refund - no questions asked - and keep Yvonne's book as her gift. We can't be fairer than that!
All we ask is that you consider the following...
- Is it something we can fix? Give us a chance to do so.
- Sometimes technology trips us up — so if you have download challenges, a bad recording, or if there's a problem with a PDF file, just let us know and we will make sure you get a corrected version.
- If we can't fix it, we will refund your money in full.
- If you request a refund, you acknowledge that you will no longer have access to the recordings or online learning environment. You will receive your refund within 30 days of your written/submitted request.
Still wondering if this is right for you? Do you have further questions about the program or payment options?
We want to offer you whatever support you need to make the right decision for you. We normally respond within 24 hours or less. If you have questions contact us. (Subject: Leading Up Query)