If your shipment never arrived…
You should have received a “Confirmation of Shipment” notice via e-mail that included a transaction and/or shipping number(s). Please have this information available when you call or e-mail us. Depending on the shipping carrier used, we should be able to track your shipment. If the shipment is lost, we will arrange to re-ship your order or provide you with the appropriate download within 24 – 48 hours. If you never received a confirmation e-mail, please contact us immediately.
If your download failed…
Downloading documents and recordings tends to be a fairly stable operation. However, transmission errors can sometimes occur. Please note that download times may also vary greatly depending upon the type of Internet connection you are using (e.g., cable, DSL, dial-up, etc.). Slow connections can sometimes be unreliable when downloading large files.
PLEASE NOTE: If your data connection is slow, we recommend you download large files using an alternate and faster connection, ask us for an FTP transfer, or consider purchasing a hardcopy* (document or disc) instead of trying to download.
* NOTE: Sales tax must be charged on all hardcopy purchases as required by the State of California.
- To view/print downloaded documents in Adobe PDF format (.pdf), Microsoft Word format (.doc), or rich text format (.rtf), you will need the appropriate version of “reader”, browser plug-in, or software application on your computer system or handheld device to view/print the document. Most viewing software is available free of charge from the source application’s vendor.
- Audio and video recordings tend to be large files. Our audio recordings may be downloaded in WAVE (.wav) format or the more compact and versatile MP3 format (recommended). Contact us if you prefer an FTP transfer.
- Video recordings may be downloaded in Windows Media Format (.wmv), Flash, or MP4 (recommended – more compact and portable across devices). However, unless the video is 20 minutes or less in duration, we recommend using caution when downloading a large video file as the download time may be prohibitive and prone to transmission errors on some Internet connections. FTP transfer is recommended if you have a slow Internet connection or if you regularly experience intermittent “dropping” across your Internet connection.
- For all forms of audio/video recording, you will also need to have an appropriate “player” available on your computer system or handheld device. Most browsers provide plug-ins to accommodate a range of audio/video formats. The instructions accompanying your download should identify plug-in sources for the most commonly used browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. If not, please contact us for assistance.